Apollonia Beach Resort & Spa is located directly on the long and sandy beach of Amoudara (which is also the name of the nearby lively village), just a few kms away from Heraklion (the largest city and the administrative capital of Crete and only a few minutes away from famous archaeological sites (like Knossos) and landscapes of natural beauty.
With 334 rooms, bungalows and suites - that make up the five-story main building and 3 bungalow complexes - the hotel offers all the comforts necessary for an enjoyable accommodation and a memorable vacation.
Our main restaurant offers a huge variety of culinary delights, including Greek food specialties and cooked-to-order daily specials, while at our other three - a la carte - restaurants you can enjoy traditional and modern Cretan, Asian and Italian cuisines.
Apollonia Beach Resort & Spa provides a wide range of facilities, where our guests can enjoy all-day sport activities and entertainment. In our lush gardens you will find peace and relaxation, while in our spacious swimming pools and on the beach you can try various sea and water sports. In addition, you can try our spa programs and services, provided by our highly professional staff.
It is, also, worth mentioning that the area surrounding the resort is integrated into the national park of Almyros and offers the opportunity for beautiful walks, hiking and jogging.
Finally, regarding transportation, the bus stop that connects the hotel with the city of Heraklion is located directly outside the resort with a transfer time of less than 10 minutes, while the transfer time between the hotel and Heraklion airport is about 30 minutes.
Acknowledging the importance of environmental protection in general and towards a sustainable tourism development, the management and the staff of Apollonia Beach Hotel have formed and put into practice a System of Environmental Management, according to the criteria of the international standard ISO 14001:2004.
The System of Environmental Management covers all hotel activities, showing special interest to accommodation and dining services. Based on these best practices, the hotel management commits itself to the following:
- To submit to any requirements of the law or others related to environmental activities
- To value the effects of the aforementioned activities on the environment and work towards decreasing or even eliminating any potential threat and negative effect
- To, actively, pursue for the protection of the environment and the prevention of pollution
- To set goals, aiming at continual improvement.
Following the above commitments, the hotel aims at:
- Implementing activities related to energy saving measures, the decrease of water consumption, the correct management and decrease of waste and sewage.
- Maintaining the air quality
- Protecting the beach and of the quality of sea water
- Co-operating with the local authorities for the preservation of the natural beauties of the area
- Communicating with all local authorities about the environmental actions taken by our hotel
- Educating and involving the hotel staff on the System of Environmental Management
- Keeping the guests informed about our hotel’s environmental practices and activities and encouraging them to participate in our initiatives.
Our environmental activities include:
- Clean up the Med (http://www.legambiente.it/contenuti/campagne/clean-med
- Clean up the World (http://www.cleanuptheworld.org/en/)
- Hands Across the Sands (http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/)
- World Environmental Day (http://www.unesco.org/new/en/natural-sciences/environment/world-environment-day/)
- Weekly tour through our lush gardens, informing our guests about nature and various environmental issues and actions